The Student/Trainee Awards Program at the SRC supports outstanding scholars interested in, or currently engaged in HIV prevention social research. The Program offers funding support for student/trainee research projects and research dissemination activities. The program was created to:
- Support scholarly research in the field of HIV prevention social research;
- Support scholarly research in Aboriginal HIV health research (LaVerne Monette Award);
- Foster the continued development of Canadian HIV prevention research capacity;
- Advance knowledge transfer and exchange between researchers and stakeholder groups to advance HIV prevention policies and practices;
- Engage new researchers in an innovative Canadian network committed to addressing the social and structural drivers influencing effective HIV prevention in Canada and abroad.
The final call for SRC Student / Trainee funding is now closed.